Ohio is a magical place during the holiday season, with millions of dazzling Christmas lights on exhibit throughout the state. Get into the festive holiday spirit by visiting one of Ohio’s best Christmas lights displays! Whether visiting a walk-through or drive-through holiday display, gather your family and friends to enjoy the millions of twinkling festive Christmas lights in Ohio. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Keep reading to enjoy Ohio’s best Christmas lights displays!
Franklin Park Conservatory (one of my favorite places in Columbus!)
- Visit Columbus Zoo and Aquarium for their annual Wildlights display. Millions of twinkling lights brighten up the zoo, lace up your skates at the holiday skate rink, visit Santaland Zoo, view the animated light shows at Conservation Lake, ride the Polar Bear Express and many more activities for the entire family!
*Read about my visit to Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, here!
Wildlights at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
- The Ohio Chinese Lantern Festival features 39 larger-than-life illuminated displays crafted by Chinese artisans. Along with the colorfully lit displays, visitors can enjoy nightly performances and traditional Chinese crafts and food. The vibrant festival is located at the Natural Resource Park at the Ohio State Expo Center.
- View twinkling holiday lights from the comfort and warmth of your vehicle as you drive through Butch Bandos Fantasy of Lights (formerly called Alum Creek Fantasy of Lights). The light display is located at Alum Creek State Park Campgrounds in Delaware.
- Visit the largest holiday light display on Lake Erie at Ashtabula County’s Lights on the Lake.
- Fun for the entire family at the Akron Zoo’s Wild Lights featuring over 25 miles of lights and dozens of lighted displays throughout the zoo. View a synchronized light show, visit Santa land and meet Santa, create a S’more at the S’mores Station, encounter zoo animals up-close and many other fun activities for the whole family!
Photo Courtesy of Akron Zoo
- Take a ride on the North Pole Express in Findlay. Ride the train through holiday decorations and visit the indoor winter wonderland.
- Visit the Toledo Zoo for their Lights Before Christmas event featuring nearly 70 miles of lights throughout the zoo. Other fun winter activities include an Ice Slide and Bumper Car on Ice at the Winter Village and Douglas, the Talking Fir Tree.
- Drive through Upper’s Winter Fantasy of Lights at Harrison Smith Park in Upper Sandusky. The 33-acre park features millions of twinkling lights and dozens of unique light displays.
- Attend the annual PNC Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo. Voted as the #1 Zoo Lights in the Country by USA Today featuring over 2.5 million twinkling lights! Along with the festive light displays, visitors can view the Wild Lights Show on Swan Lake, visit the Gingerbread Village, take a ride on the Toyland Express Train and many other fun family activities.
Photo Courtesy of Cincinnati Zoo
- One of southwest Ohio’s favorite Christmas light display is the Legendary Lights of Clifton Mill, featuring 4 million lights covering the mill, Clifton gorge and covered bridge. Visitors can enjoy a gift shop, Santa Museum and Miniature Village. *Read about my visit to Clifton Mill, here!
Legendary Lights of Clifton Mill
- Walk through a fantasyland of holiday lights at Woodland Lights in Dayton.
- Visit the Christmas Ranch in Morrow to walk through a Christmas Wonderland. View over 1 million twinkling lights, take a train or wagon ride, visit Santa’s Bakery and stroll through six Christmas shops.
- Enter through the festive tunnel of twinkling lights into a Christmas wonderland at Light Up Middletown. This driving tour features thousands of sparking lights and dozens of animated displays.
- Visit the Guernsey County Courthouse for an impressive light display synchronized to holiday music. With over 55,000 lights, three 20-foot Christmas trees and 60 animated displays, this FREE light show (featuring four separate light shows, each 8-12 minutes long) is fun for the entire family! While in Cambridge, visit Dickens Victorian Village.
Guernsey County Courthouse
Take time to enjoy the beauty of the season with your loved ones at one of Ohio’s best Christmas lights displays! Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!
*Looking for more places to enjoy the beauty of the Christmas season in Ohio? Read these: