A special thanks to Ohio. Find It Here. for sponsoring this post!
With captivating scenes and custom soundtracks, immersive digital art exhibits have become a popular new way of discovering art. The Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit has been viewed by millions around the world, making it the number one selling show in the world! With dozens of Immersive Van Gogh exhibit locations across the country, including the Midwest, Ohioans can now experience the fascinating digital art display for themselves.
Looking for more things to do in Ohio? Read our Ohio Guides.
Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit Columbus Ohio
The original Immersive Van Gogh exhibit was viewed by more than 2 million visitors in Paris and featured on the Netflix show Emily in Paris. The popular art show has now come to Central Ohio and is a great experience for art enthusiasts of all ages!
Located in a 25,000 square foot space, the Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit Columbus is a 360-degree experience with large-scale moving images projected on the walls and floors. More than 500, 000 cubic feet of animated Van Gogh artwork is projected throughout the space with 60,600 video frames of the Dutch painter’s work choreographed to an original soundtrack.
The imaginative art installation includes some of Vincent Van Gogh’s most popular masterpieces, the Mangeurs de pommes de terre (The Potato Eaters, 1885), the Nuit étoilée (Starry Night, 1889), Les Tournesols (Sunflowers, 1888), La Chambre à coucher (The Bedroom, 1889) and many more. The original design was created by Massimiliano Siccardi and the soundtrack composed by Luca Longobardi, whom both established immersive art experiences in France.
The Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit Columbus features an approximate 30-minute video performance that fills the large space with vivid imagery and melodic music. Visitors are encouraged to watch the performance more than once as with each presentation one will find something they missed during previous views. During the presentation, visitors will have to stand, sit on the floor in a socially distant circle or sit on one of the few benches in the art space.
I booked an off-peak weekday morning ticket with hopes the exhibit wouldn’t be overly crowded. My thought process worked as the early viewing wasn’t too crowded. I watched the art performance 2.5 times since I arrived halfway through a video showing. Each presentation, I moved around the room to gain different perspectives and ultimately decided I liked the view from a corner bench because of the unobstructed views.
Once settled into your space, prepare to be transported into the world of Vincent Van Gogh. Dazzling scenes in vibrant colors dance on the walls, ceilings and floors all while being accompanied by the perfectly composed soundtrack. It’s truly an immersive experience you won’t soon forget!
Tips For Visiting The Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit
- Purchase tickets online in advance. I would highly suggest purchasing tickets as soon as possible, as the popular ticket options are becoming limited.
- Book a Flex Pass. Although this ticket price is higher than a regular ticket, the Flex Pass allows you the flexibility to arrive +/- 2hrs of your booked time.
- Floor seating is widely available, wear comfortable clothing to sit on the ground. You might even want to use your coat as a seat cushion.
- The show audio can be very loud, ask for earplugs or bring your own if you are sensitive to loud noises.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, take medication prior to your visit as some of the moving videos might make you feel sick.
- Photos and videos are encouraged, just make sure your camera/phone flash is turned off.
- Plan to stay at least an hour. The show is approximately 30-minutes and you will want to watch the show at least twice.
- Visit the gift shop before leaving, there is an impressive collection of gifts for the Van Gogh enthusiast in your life.
Where Is The Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit Columbus?
The Central Ohio exhibit is located at the Lighthouse ArtSpace Columbus:
940 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, OH 43240
*There is an Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit in Cleveland through February 6, 2022*
How Much Is The Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit?
Tickets must be purchased online in advance as tickets are sold by timed entry. A range of ticket prices start at:
- $39.99 for off peak viewings
- $54.99 for peak viewings
- $99.99 for VIP experiences
Purchase tickets at www.columbusvangogh.com. The Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit Columbus is on display through February 6, 2022.
More Van Gogh In Columbus Ohio
If you’re looking for more ways to indulge in Van Gogh’s masterpieces, visit Columbus Museum of Art’s Through Vincent’s Eyes: Van Gogh and His Sources. The exhibition includes 61 works of the Dutch painter from the private collection of Steven Naifeh, the Pulitzer Prize winning co-writer of Van Gogh: The Life. The exhibit is on display from November 12, 2021-Febraury 6, 2022. For information and to purchase tickets, visit www.columbusmuseum.org
Step into a painting at the Immersive Van Gogh Exhibit Columbus and be transported into the world of Vincent Van Gogh!