As one of Ohio’s most beloved and most visited destinations, Hocking Hills invites visitors to enjoy a slower pace while surrounded by some of Ohio’s best landscapes. Although visitors flock to this region to view gorgeous scenery and to enjoy an assortment of outdoor activities, the area’s food scene has become an attraction of itself. To showcase the region’s enticing food scene, the annual Hocking Hills Comfort Food Cruise welcomes foodies to indulge in the flavors of the region!
Image Courtesy of Hocking Hills Tourism Association
The Hocking Hills Comfort Food Cruise offers locals and visitors alike an enticing glimpse at the area’s favorite comfort foods. Featuring one favorite item from the menu of several Hocking Hills restaurants, the food cruise will take you on a delectable journey throughout the region. Tickets are $18 (with $5 of every ticket benefitting local food pantries) and each ticket includes one comfort food at each of the participating restaurants.
2019 Participating Hocking Hills restaurants include:
- The Boot Grill: Bacon Wrapped, Guacamole Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Hocking Hills Diner: Banana Bread French Toast
- The Home Tavern: Hamburger Sliders & Cup of Soup
- Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls: Brioche Bread Pudding with a Local Maple and Watershed Bourbon Sauce
- Jack’s Steak House: Jack’s famous Cabbage Soup
- M & M Family Diner: Vegetable Soup
- Millstone Southern Smoked BBQ: Flat Bread Pork Taco
- Olde Dutch Restaurant: Chicken & Noodles or Mashed Potatoes
- Pizza Crossing: 8″ 1-Item Pizza
- Pearl’s: Biscuits & Gravy
- The Ridge Inn: Meat Loaf
- Bush’s Restaurant: Chili
- Mam’s Rusty Skillet: Cheese Burger Sliders with Homemade Chips
- Nelsonville Emporium Kitchen: Homemade Pretzel w/Choice of Dip
- Hungry Buffalo: Mac & Cheese
- Hocking Hills Bakery: Sweet Rolls
Foodies can try to taste all the comfort foods in one day (if attempting that feat, I would suggest to wear stretchy pants 😉 ) or visit the stops throughout a weekend getaway or over any of the Hocking Hills Comfort Food Cruise’s six days. The self-guided food cruise takes place during three winter weekends: January 12-13, January 19-20 and January 26-27. For more information and to purchase your Comfort Food Cruise ticket, please visit www.ExploreHockingHills.com.
Even in the winter, Hocking Hills lures visitors to explore its stunning beauty! Work up an appetite or burn off those extra calories consumed with a hike to Old Man’s Cave, Ash Cave, Cedar Falls or through Cockle’s Hollow!
*Updated January 2019*
A special thanks to the Hocking Hills Tourism Association! I was an invited guest of the Hocking Hills Tourism Association to preview the Hocking Hills Comfort Food Cruise. As always on Ohio Girl Travels, all opinions are my own.